WINNER VIDEO RECIPE CONTEST MARCH 2021 - Linguine with artichokes, olives and cherry tomatoes
CAMPANIA- Linguine with artichokes, olives and cherry tomatoes
1 lb Viaggio linguine
14 oz can of Viaggio cherry tomatoes
5 or 6 long stem Viaggio artichokes
2 cloves of garlic
3/4 cup of black olives
3 small fresh tomatoes
Basil leaves to taste
3 tablespoons Viaggio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Parmiggiano cheese to taste
Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat up Viaggio Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a medium sized skillet on medium heat
- Add whole garlic cloves, while they are heating up and flavoring the oil...
- Chop up the fresh tomatoes and add them to the oil and cloves, stir and cover. Cook for about 5 minutes until tomatoes soften stirring regularly.
- Add Viaggio Cherry Tomatoes and stir, cook on medium heat for about 10 minutes. Meanwhile, put a pot of water on the stove to bring to a boil
- Add Viaggio Artichokes, black olives, several basil leaves and salt and pepper to taste to the sauce and stir, cook for 20 minutes-- After 20 minutes of sauce cooking, remove the garlic cloves
- Once water comes to a boil, add the Viaggio Linguine and cook for about 5-6 minutes until al dente (or slightly firm). Drain pasta and add to the sauce
- Mix pasta in with sauce until all of the pasta is well integrated with the sauce
- Allow to cook for a few more minutes until pasta is at desired softness
- Serve individual portions in a bowl and top with some grated parmiggiano cheese and fresh basil leaves.