- Viaggio Tomatoes
- TRENTINO SOUTH TYROL - Polpette alla Trentina (Italian Meatballs)
TRENTINO SOUTH TYROL - Polpette alla Trentina (Italian Meatballs)
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 14 oz. Viaggio Italian Peeled Tomatoes (coarsely chopped or hand squeezed)
- 3.5 oz. chopped almonds
- 1 cup dry white wine
- Breadcrumbs (1-2 cups depending on preference)
- Milk to taste
- 2 eggs
- 1 onion
- Flour to taste
- A handful of parsley
- Oil to fry
- Viaggio Extra Virgin Olive Oil to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl add the following: meat, eggs, chopped almonds, & parsley; salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium bowl add breadcrumbs. Pour some milk on the breadcrumbs to dampen them and mix well
- Add breadcrumbs to meat mixture - stir or hand mix all ingredients till obtaining a smooth dough
- Make medium-sized meatballs. Preheat oil in large frying pan
- Lightly flour them and fry them for few minutes in oil until all sides are browned and they are cooked through.
- Remove meatballs and place them on a plate lined with paper towels to remove excess grease.
- Finely chop the onion and fry in same pan with two tablespoons of Viaggio Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Add coarsely chopped Viaggio Italian peeled tomatoes, add salt and pepper and cook for about ten minutes.
- Add the meatballs, sprinkle with white wine, and continue to cook again for 10 additional minutes over medium heat.
- Turn off the heat, sprinkle with parsley and serve.