TRENTINO SOUTH TYROL - Polpette alla Trentina
1 lb. lean ground beef
14 oz. Viaggio Italian Peeled Tomatoes (coarsely chopped or hand squeezed)
3.5 oz. chopped almonds
1 cup dry white wine
Breadcrumbs (1-2 cups depending on preference)
Milk to taste
Flour to taste
A handful of parsley
Oil to fry
Viaggio Extra Virgin Olive Oil to taste
Salt and pepper to taste
- Get a large bowl in which you’ll place all the ingredients: meat, eggs, chopped almonds and parsley.
- Pour some milk on the breadcrumbs to dampen them and mix well
- Season mixture with salt and pepper and stir or hand mix all ingredients till obtaining a smooth dough with which you will make medium-sized meatballs.
- Lightly flour them and fry them for few minutes in oil until all sides are browned and they are cooked through.
- Remove them and place them on a plate lined with paper towels to remove excess grease.
- Finely chop the onion and fry it in a large frying pan with two tablespoons of Viaggio Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Add coarsely chopped Viaggio Italian peeled tomatoes, add salt and pepper and cook for about ten minutes.
- Add the meatballs, sprinkle with white wine, and continue to cook again for 10 additional minutes over medium heat.
- Turn off the heat, sprinkle with parsley and serve.