TUSCANY - Tomato soup - Pappa al Pomodoro
28 oz. Italian Peeled Tomatoes (blended)
6 thin slices bread
4 cups of vegetable stock
2 tbsp. Viaggio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 cloves of garlic
1 pinch of sugar
Salt and pepper to taste
A handful of basil leaves
- In a oven tray lined with parchment paper, put the slices of bread and bake them for few minutes at 390F.
- When cooled, rub with peeled garlic cloves.
- Add the toasted bread slices to a large pan.
- Add the Viaggio Italian peeled tomatoes previously blended and the vegetable stock covering the slices of bread completely.
- Add the sugar and cook over low heat for 40-50 minutes letting the liquid evaporate.
- Stir occasionally.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- When it is cooked, turn off the heat and garnish with basil leaves to give a fresh and intense flavor to your tomato soup.