- Viaggio Tomatoes
- SARDINIA - Gnocchi alla Campidanese
SARDINIA - Gnocchi alla Campidanese
- 1 package Viaggio Gnocchi
- 8oz Italian Sausage
- Viaggio grated Romano, to taste
- 1/3 cup Onion, finely chopped
- Viaggio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 10oz Viaggio Italian peeled tomatoes
- Salt, to taste
- Over medium heat add Extra Virgin Olive Oil to pot, add onions, sauté until fragrant and slightly softened, about 5 minutes
- Peel the sausage. Chop it coarsely and add to the pot
- Brown the sausage for 15 minutes on medium heat, stirring frequently
- Add the Viaggio Italian peeled tomatoes. Mix, cover the pan with a lid, and cook for about an hour over medium low heat to maintain a slow simmer, stir occasionally so the bottom doesn't burn.
- Taste and add salt as needed
- Once sauce is completed cook the Viaggio Gnocchi in a large pot of boiling water as per package instructions.
- Place the grated Romano cheese in a heat safe bowl and add a ladle of pasta cooking water. Then put it in a blender adding more water if necessary till obtaining a smooth creamy consistency.
- Drain the Viaggio gnocchi and add them to sausage sauce directly in the pan, stir and finally add the cream cheese. Stir well to mix all the ingredients and serve Gnocchi alla Campidanese still hot!